On the dull tidal beach the downed cathedral hunkers. Concrete, floatstone and jaspis sinking into the sand, but not yet. Not today.
- Metal-handed preacher stands on a midden and cries, “the end! the crystal ship! the fools!”
- Noodle seller with hooch on the side.
- Strawheads trading ivory and furs.
- Rusting metal gulls slowly winding down.
- Rat urchins attempt to rob you.
- Green monks, merchants, cog flower acolytes.
- Shop here, prices won’t be better north! (all goods available, p.XX)
- Get to know the aboriginal strawheads, perhaps they have advice! (plastic-skin map, p.XX)
- North: wind-beaten trees, bogs, beyond: the Red tundra (p.XX)
- East: lonely sandy beaches, strawhead camps (p.XX)
- West: forlorn rocky shores, few camps, the birdman’s tower (p.XX)
- South: in summer days green ships steam for the Emerald City (p.XX)
- Safe: for a gloddian piece (gp) per day, double healing rate.
- Rip off: local merchants buy treasure at 50% rates (half xp).
- Storage: local banker vampires offer moderately secure vaults to store loot. 100 gloddians per month for full security (99% safe), 50 gloddians for quite safe vaults (90% safe), 25 gloddians for gamblers (80% safe). Check monthly.
- Summer fair: in the short, midge-infested summers, green monks in their metal catamarans and jugger merchants in their bateaux steam up from Big City Bay and pay full rates for treasures held till then.
- jugger — local term of endearment and affection for clueless visitors from the southern lands who wouldn’t know the difference between a winter war wolf and a tundra cannibal half-ghoul if they bit them in the pelvic region and severed their femoral artery, offering a spurting sacrifice to the Red Vault.
Pencil sketch, Shin han brush pen, flat color in Photoshop with texture overlay.