• Red Sky • Mythos • Ebét •
The Prodigal Particle of the Living God left Ebét three hundred years ago to wander the far wastes. Six score years later it returned with dark prophecies of machine-reason-worshipping republics in Dopotamia, the Land of Two Rivers.
Its body and brain were dismantled, studied, and punished in a purpose-built pyramid. Priests of the Living God toiled for years to divine if it had gone mad or seen true.
The final conclusion was that the far-off primitives would never convince the Clockwork God to help them.
Also: Particle of the Flesh God, Prophet.
- The popularity of the Six-fingered Scion rose rapidly, and it was revived when the Iksan wars began. It is unclear if it survived the conquest.
- Rumours of the Six-fingered Scion
- It was destroyed by the God Bomb, together with the Living God.
- It has fled into a cold, mountainous waste with a cadre of flesh-sculptors to preserve the lineage of the Living God.
- Only a copy was reanimated, the original Six-fingered Scion still suffers nightmares in its prison-pyramid.
- Its divine doppelbleiber was burned out when the God Bomb went off. Now it is just one more shell-shocked Ebéteen survivor.
- It is in hiding among the Iksan invaders, biding its time to reveal itself.
- Its flesh body was destroyed, but its divine doppelbleiber was preserved by three daring flesh-wizards. When they find a suitable vessel, they will reincarnate the scion. It will then create a Vengeance Engine to punish the Iksans.
Ebét was a beastly place.Belonging is a many-weirded thing.
But it was our beastly place.