Once there were larger lands. Once there were deeper dreams. Once there were greater heroes. Once we expected eternity. Once there were towers triumphant. Once there were ceaseless campaigns.
Now the leaves of history curl, turn brown, and soon do fly.
The soil is tilled. The day is turned. For another dawn, for a smaller treasure, for a lesser pleasure.
“Who summoned justice?” asked the clerk.
The Mayor walked forward. Her fur stole quivered as she lowered herself for the regal official.
“The council of the Bridge of Saint Cleareyes begged me, the Mayor, to summon justice,” she said. The clerk regarded her for a long minute, before walking back to the black carriage with the red triangle.
Witchburner (2018) — Portents, omens and witch burning in a scared mountain town.
The snow is alive. A soft, cold spirit courses through them. Her lace threads the world; watching, drinking, listening, stroking, soothing, killing. Her touch is soft and icy. She is Winterwhite, the daughter of the Waterdrinker and the Northwind, and she is a terrible god. An avatar of ice and hunger, of visions and death.
The ice-drowned mountains that spread behind Motherberg are her home. Brezim and other mountain valleys grow and quietly die at her whim.
Longwinter (2020) — Winter survival icebox fantasy. Published.
Holy Mountain Shaker
Down by the river, Liska sang.
Sang of flowers white with stars in their hearts.
Sang of brave young men and merchants bold.
Sang of cloth-of-gold and velvet and furs.
Sang of futures to be had.
Up on the mountain, Visak aimed.
A trophy to win Liska.
A victory to prove himself.
A treasure stolen from the mountain itself.
“Bang,” rang the rifle.
Thunder shook the mountain roots.
I have the approval of the Emperor, but I have the blessing of Justice.—Rightmaker
- Longwinter Is PublishedAfter a very long journey. After a very long development. Winterwhite is here. Longwinter is available on itch.io now, on dtrpg.com soon. Longwinter ~200 pages~60 colour illustrations13 settlements5 factions3 months1 angry…
- 1d205 Minor and Major RealismsCourtesy of the Hexers of the Cauldron (Stratometaship Discord Channel). Image source by Pawel Janiak on Unsplash We are in strange times, fellow humans. Uncomfortable times. But roll-play [sic] must go on, must it…
- Why Witchburner Exists and What It Tries To DoFirst, a small announcement The Witchburner funeral edition launched Sunday evening for pre-order on Exalted Funeral (they’re handling the printer and the distribution). We did a small run of 250 copies…
- A Bad Turn of Words: Fantasy HeartbreakerIn 2002 an ‘essay’ came out that brought the term ‘fantasy heartbreaker’ into popular use. The author, Ron Edwards, was one of the founders of the Forge and a proponent of…
- Witchburner Funeral Edition and the New YearWitchburner is getting a limited paperback release. I’m working with Exalted Funeral to bring these 68 pages of witch metal TRPG goodness into the world on the 18th of January 2019. This is going to be cool!
Visit the Lastlands today.The snow is alive.
Intergame portals open twice daily.
Direct via patreon.