- Cleaned up beneficial mutations.
- Completed skills. Added guidelines for inventing skills whole cloth and basics of how ranks work to skills section for redundancy.
- Clarified recovery rules.
- Completed character exit rules and replacement guidelines.
- Cleaned up hakaba and linked it more clearly to burdens.
- Cleaned up hurt (formerly fatigue) and mostly subsumed it within burdens.
- (mostly) removed automatic character exit. Let runners play ghosts, it’s fine.
- Need to clarify more that each rank of a skill or trait takes a slot, so specialization reduces breadth and vice versa.
- Damage cleaned up.
- Burdens (and hurt) inflicted when an attribute is at 0 (or there is overflow damage). Not when an attribute is first reduced to 0.
- Character defeat redefined as Exit (thank you GrinningManiac).
- Abilities renamed to traits — to reduce confusion between skills and abilities, and make passive features easier to fit into characters and factions.
- Core book re-arranged (again) — short overview first, then rules, then comprehensive protagonic generator and modificator sections.
- Magic spells restored to core book — but cropped to five spells per veda.
- Experience modified to fit orders of magnitude — 999xp for first tier, 9,999 for second tier, 99,999 for last tier. More satisfying.
- Restored three “everyhero” tiers — for faster starts.
- Skills renamed for easier scanning.
- Vedas for skills that map directly to magic albums and/or ka attacks.
- Sidus for skills that map directly to social attacks and status.
- Praxas for skills that focus on combat disciplines.
- Fatigue renamed to hurt — creating more possibility for different kinds of status effects to play with.
Visit the stratometaship.Includes cookies and red apples. Guaranteed barely
It brings the stars.