Some sites are cool and I regularly find good stuff on them. These are some of them. Ctrl+F to find specifics. No precedence implied by ordering.
Good Game Reading
- Hill Cantons – go for some western-slavic hex-crawling in an acid-trip fantasy world with Chris Kutalik.
- Lost Pages – Paolo Greco’s disorganized rambles, wonderful books, and some of the best spells in rpgs.
- Coins and Scrolls – a new blog, full of goodness. Check out the d100 spells table.
- Dead Cyclops
- Jeff’s Gameblog – home of the original carousing like it’s 999 table. Also, author of Broodmother.
- Goblin Punch – one of the wildest, most creative and well-written fantasy blogs I read.
- Playing D&D With Porn Stars – a legendary D&D site made geeky gaming cool. Also, author of Red & Pleasant Land, etc.
- Ten Foot Pole
- Sword Fish Islands – a system neutral hexcrawl island-hopper rpg setting by Jason Hurst.
- Last Gasp (no longer updated)
- Hack Slash Master – Courtney’s original gaming site that taught me about the Quantum Ogre.
- Tales of the Grotesque and Dungeonesque
- Against the Wicked City
- False Machine – the Patrick Stuart’s blog, of Maze of the Blue Medusa and Deep Carbon Observatory fame.
- Against the Wicked City
- Frugal GM
- Castle Triskelion
- The Alexandrian
- What Would Conan Do
- The City of Iron
- Monster Manual Sewn From Pants
- Save vs. Dragon
- Delta’s DnD
- Ynas Midgard
- Telecanter’s Receding Rules
- Dreams in the Lich House
- Ten Foot Polemic
- Arlin Ortiz, illustrator – one of the most enjoyable game and fantasy-inspired artists I know. Also check out his monster pamphlets and related maps.
- Fuck Yeah Brutalism (architecture) – a delicious architecture blog dedicated to raw concrete and the petrified dreams of a concrete modernist space age.
- Dungeons and Drawings
- Dyson’s Dodecahedron – Many maps, very well known.
- I’ll See It When I Believe It
- MSJX – Maps by Matt Smith.
- Le Chaudron Chromatique – not updating recently, but Cedric Plante offers a distinctive style all his own that seems to hail from a strange dream time rendered in ball-point pens.
- Sword Peddler – great maps and Cecil Howe is making some of the coolest hex art around.
Lots of Lists
- Elfmaids & Octopi – hundreds of d100 lists of the strangest things you could imagine in a game or your next fantasy-science novel. Consumterra’s imagination knows no bounds.
- The Dungeon Dozen – hundreds of detailed and weird d12 tables of fantasy goodness by Jason Sholtis, conveniently indexed by Jeff Russel of the Blessings of the Dice Gods.
- Microlite20 – the ultralight game that took me back to a simpler role-playing game. The site seems to have been radically redesigned and … it’s much harder to finde all the M20 variants.
Last update: 2016-12-07